Handle Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances – TLID2003
This nationally recognised Hazardous Substances training provides participants with the skills and knowledge to handle dangerous goods and hazardous chemicals, including identifying requirements for working with them, confirming site incident procedures and selecting safe handling techniques.
It includes WHS requirements, applying codes of practice and established procedures for the safe handling of dangerous goods and hazardous substances where work is performed under general supervision.
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone working in the transport, warehousing, distribution and storage industries who is required to handle dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances. It may also be customised to suit any other industry or workplace where handling of workplace substances is undertaken.
Course content – Hazardous Substances Training:
1. Requirements for working with dangerous goods/hazardous substances
– Legislation, standards, codes of practice
– Material safety data sheets, labeling, placards and signage, registers
– Classes and characteristics of goods and substances
– An overview of the newly adopted Global Harmonised System (GHS) for classifying Hazardous Chemicals
2. Site incident procedures
– Incident reporting
– Safety and environmental requirements
– Emergency equipment and processes
– Dangerous goods/hazardous substances manifests
3. Handling techniques
– Suitable handling and shifting techniques and procedures, including PPE and mechanical aids
– Storage, separation and segregation
– Process for unidentified chemcials and safe disposal
How is course content covered?
Hazardous substances training is conducted face to face in a classroom environment. Due to the practical nature of the course the maximum class size is 12 participants.
Where are courses delivered?
At your business location. Our trainers are located in Sydney NSW, and are willing to travel to Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and country NSW areas.
There are no pre-requisites or co-requisites for this course. Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is available. Please contact us for more information.
It’s easy to book a course right now!
To book on-site training in Handle Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances (TLID2003), simply contact us on 02 9501 1516.