This Nationally Recognised Hazardous Substances training provides participants with the skills and knowledge to handle dangerous goods and hazardous chemicals, including identifying requirements for working with them, confirming site incident procedures and selecting safe handling techniques.
Training includes WHS requirements, applying codes of practice, and procedures for the safe handling of dangerous goods and hazardous substances (where work is performed under general supervision).
Who should attend?
This course is designed for anyone working in the transport, warehousing, distribution, construction and storage industries who is required to handle or store dangerous goods and/or hazardous substances. Training may also be customised to suit any other industry or workplace where handling of workplace substances is undertaken.
Course Topics – Hazardous Substances Training
1. Requirements for working with dangerous goods (DGs) and hazardous substances
- Legislation, standards, codes of practice.
- Material safety data sheets, labeling, placards and signage, registers.
- Classes and characteristics of goods and substances.
- Understanding health effects (particularly if not used or handled correctly).
- An overview of the newly adopted Global Harmonised System (GHS) for classifying Hazardous Chemicals.
- Undertaking Risk Assessments.
2. Safe Storage and Handling techniques
- Suitable handling and shifting techniques and procedures, including personal PPE and mechanical aids.
- Storage, separation and segregation.
- Process for unidentified chemicals and safe disposal.
3. Site incident procedures
- Incident reporting
- Safety and environmental requirements
- Emergency equipment and processes, including spill kits and fire fighting equipment (FFE)
- Dangerous goods/hazardous substance manifests
- Quick Decision Exercises (QDEs) for a typical chemical emergency
How is course content covered?
Hazardous substances training is conducted face to face in a classroom environment. Due to the practical nature of the course the maximum class size is 12 participants.
Where are courses delivered?
At your business location. Our trainers are located in Sydney NSW, and are willing to travel to Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and country NSW areas.
There are no pre-requisites or co-requisites for this course. Recognition of prior learning (RPL) is available. Please contact us for more information.
Whats included in course fees?
Please contact us for a quote. Course fees include on-site training, with a qualified and experienced instructor, in addition to course notes, on site assessment and a Statement of Attainment certificate for each successful participant.
How can I book a course?
To register a course, simply contact us on 02 9501 1516. We’ll need just three weeks notice to coordinate suitable dates and times with our trainers.
6 hours plus breaks.
On site at your company location in Sydney, NSW.
Trainers can travel to Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra and regional areas.
– On site training (up to 12 participants per class)
– Quality course notes and reference material.
– Nationally recognised certificate.
– Group discussion and practical activities in the workplace or simulated workplace.
– Short answer quizzes
– Case studies
Statement of Attainment: Handle Dangerous Goods and Hazardous Substances (TLID2003)
CPD Points for Builders: 10
COURSE INFORMATION (PDF)
– Visa, Mastercard
– Direct transfer
Phone: (02) 9501 1516
UNIQUE STUDENT IDENTIFIER NUMBERS
Participants attending this course will need a Unique Student Identifier number (USI). Learn about Unique Student Identifers here